FirstOnSite Restoration had an immediate opening for a Health & Safety Coordinator in our Grande Prairie office.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry, residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mould, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
- Control occupational health and safety on both commercial and residential worksites
- Responsible for WCB claims management, administration, reporting requirements, injury management and return to work program
- Maintain COR certification and conduct annual audits as required
- Maintain and promote the image of the company as a technically competent, efficient, professionally managed organization
- Responsible for driving success in accident prevention through implementation of Company programs to promote and improve Health and Safety.
- Responsible for WCB claims management, administration and reporting requirements:
- Develop effective claims management and cost control strategies
- Ensure compliance with legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Attend any board hearings as a company representative, ie, Ministry of Labour
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of Company safety programs, training and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Acts and regulations and industry leading safety practices.
- Provide and maintain accurate statistical data, reports and analysis of injury trends to operations in support of divisional accident reduction goals
- Participate in Health and Safety Committee activities, ensuring regular meetings and inspections take place, follow up action is being taken, and that required membership and certification requirements are met.
- Delivering, coordinating and tracking of health and safety related training such as lifting devices, WHMIS and Safety Orientation
- Review all accident investigation reports to ensure appropriate internal and external reporting is completed and followed up with timeframes and participate in investigations where required.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Conduct off/work site safety audits
- Maintain MSDS sheets and ensure all manuals are kept current
- Ensure that all annual inspections are done on all equipment
- Maintain first aid stations
- Ensure safety checks are done on all company vehicles
- Warehouse and logistics duties as necessary
- All other relative duties as required
- Post Secondary diploma in a health and safety related discipline
- Formal training in requirements of OHSA and its regulation
- 2-3 years in an industrial or construction/restoration environment
- Commercial experience is necessary
- Environmental experience would be an asset
We would like to thank all applicants in advance; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.