FirstOnSiteRestoration has an immediate opening for a Painter in our Saskatoon branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mould, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Painter prepares and decorates surfaces in accordance with the wishes of the client. This involves working on a wide variety of surfaces, including metal, wood, plaster and stone and using numerous materials, such as paint, varnish and wallpaper.
- Follows all FirstOnSite health and safety policies and procedures.
- Strives to continually improve through specific development plans.
- Accepts direction from the Lead Hand or Lead Carpenter.
- Reads work orders or receives instructions from supervisors or homeowners in order to determine work requirements.
- Follows specific instructions regarding style, colour and finish.
- Cleans up properly after a job and maintains good housekeeping habits during the project.
- Applies paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to equipment, buildings, and/or other structures using brushes, spray guns, rollers, etc.
- Applies primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal for finish coats.
- Calculates amounts of required materials and estimates costs based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
- Covers surfaces with drop cloths or other materials to protect surfaces during painting.
- Uses caulking guns or putty knives to fill cracks, holes and joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other fillers.
- Mixes and matches colours of paint, stain, or varnish with oil, thinning and drying additives in order to obtain desired colours and consistencies.
- Polishes final coats to specified finishes.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Removes old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, washing and/or abrasive blasting.
- Adheres to company policy regarding acceptable standards to follow at a customer site i.e. smoking policy etc
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the property owner and occupants of the property
- Produces a satisfactory result for the client and working to the standards that they expect
- References of previous painting jobs.
- Experience working in dangerous or hazardous environments such as working at heights, using ladders, and working around equipment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Courses or certifications from trade school(s).
- Apprenticeship Resume.
- Skilled in surface preparation and application of a range of finishes.
- Capable of industrial-scale jobs, such as office buildings.
- Capable of working with potentially hazardous substances and application of associated protective measures.
- Valid Driver's License.
Thank you for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly.