FirstOnSite Restoration has an immediate opening for a Project Manager in our Kitchener branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry, residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mould, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
Position Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for developing a definition of a project, in conjunction with the Property Owner, Adjuster, or Insurance Company. The Project Manager ensures that the project is delivered on time and to the required quality standard within agreed specifications. Focus is on scoping and estimating the work required to restore properties to their pre-disaster state.
- Initiates initial customer contact and first customer visit.
- Interacts with clients to develop applicable solutions that will respond to their situation and needs
- Educates the client on the process of repair , the timing of service delivery and realistic expectations from FirstOnSite in the process
- Prepares accurate quotations through job costing and estimation, ensuring target margins are met.
- Manages all aspects of water claims i.e. mitigation, equipment selection, equipment staging, psychrometrics and reports.
- Delivers exceptional customer service to insurance stakeholders, homeowners, and property managers.
- Ensures that the Emergency Estimate Timeline and Rebuild Emergency Timeline as per FOS standard operating procedures are respected
- Builds, leads and deploys the best quality team to achieve the objectives of our corporate strategic plan.
- Ensures that the company health and safety policies and procedures are followed and that all branch personnel are up to date with all health and safety procedures and training. Learns and practices the FOS Standard Operating Procedures for water remediation, mould and asbestos
- Develops a performance management process with all employees having regular feedback and specific development plans.
- Focuses his team’s efforts to teach, improve, and practice mitigation techniques.
- Promotes a culture of ‘employer of choice’ to attract, retain and motivate the best quality team
- Monitors customer satisfaction throughout the Emergency Phase
- Ensure project requirements are being fulfilled and deadlines and milestones are achieved
- Inspect progress and work quality throughout the Emergency Phase
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and act as a prime liaison with policy holders and adjustors
- Resolve disputes and complaints, where possible
- Generates new leads through relationships with adjusters and property managers
Education and Experience:
- University degree or college diploma in business, engineering, or construction management preferred Minimum 5 years experience in the restoration/emergency industry
- Formal training in a related field
- Water Remediation Technician (WRT) certification
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician certification (FSRT)
- Odor Control Technician certification (OCT)
- Proficiency with biological Technology
- Certification in mould remediation an asset but will train
Skills & Knowledge
- Detailed understanding of reconstruction practices for property that has suffered water, wind, mould, fire and vandalism damages
- Knowledge of building codes and electrical, or plumbing, or mechanical and related codes
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Office Skills (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Experienced with Xactimate.
- Basic accounting competency with an understanding of invoicing, billing procedures
- Experience planning and monitoring budgets
- Excellent leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Analytical, detail oriented, hands on, and a team player.
- Customer service orientation with the ability to deal with customers under stressful situations.
- Skilled at management of multiple projects, opportunity analysis and decision-making.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.