FirstOnSite Restoration has an immediate opening for a Lead Carpenter in our Yarmouth branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Lead Carpenter works under the general direction of the Construction Manager to plan and organize the assignments of a project in order to meet the gross Profit and timeline goals. The Lead Carpenter oversees Carpenter Apprentices and Laborers assigned to them ensuring that the quality standards of the company are being met.
- Demonstrates skill in the safe operation of shop tools such as table saw, radial arm saw, power planer, power shaper, router, wood lathe, airless paint sprayer, large belt sander, band saw, hand saw and electric drill.
- Follows all company health and safety policies and procedures and ensures that they are respected by all personnel and sub-contractors.
- Strives to continually improve through specific development plans.
- Givess direction from the Carpenters and carpenter apprentices.
- Coaches and assists Carpenter Apprentices with all job tasks.
- Ensures that good housekeeping practices are followed on the job for a safe, non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
- Adheres to company policy and standards at customer sites
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the property owner, occupants of the property, co-workers, and sub-contractors.
Education and Experience:
- College Diploma or certification in a recognized construction/carpentry course preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and proven track record in the restoration, emergency or a related industry.
Knowledge and skill set
- Practical knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Practical knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Knowledge of basic shop mathematics to calculate metric conversions and materials needed for jobs.
- Trained in First Aid and CPR.
- Willing and able to work on-call for after hour’s emergency work.
- Able to build relationships with all parties involved in the construction process
- Good at problem solving and conflict resolution.
Thank you for your interest in this position and our company. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly.