FirstOnSite Restoration has immediate openings for a Labourers in our Dorval branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The General Labourer is in good physical condition and provides construction work and support required to ensure timely project completion. The Labourer follows good work practices and procedures and sets a good example for new crew members and co-workers. The Labourer may: operate a variety of equipment and instruments, including hand and power tools of all types; clean and prepare sites; clean up rubble and debris; remove mold, asbestos lead and other hazardous materials.
- Leads and follows all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Strives to continually improve through specific development plans.
- Accepts direction from the Lead Hand, Lead Water Technician and/or Lead Carpenter and more experienced co-workers.
- Participates in good housekeeping discipline on the job to ensure a safe non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
- Learns and practices correct procedures, especially when environmental work is required.
- Mixes chemicals safely and in strict adherence to the manufacturer’s specifications and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Applies chemicals safely and in strict adherence to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Adheres to company policy regarding acceptable standards to follow at a customer site i.e. smoking policy etc.
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the property owner, occupants of the property, co-workers and sub-contractors.
- Is willing and able to be on-call 24/7 for after hour’s for emergency work.
- Looks out for and assists co-workers.
- Previous construction or cleaning work preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Related courses or certifications preferred.
Thank you for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly.